life or something like it

Life or Something like it

Friday, April 15, 2011

Flash Back from the Past..well 3yrs ago

Ok so this post is totally random but I came across some photos that I never actually saw before  and a extremely funny story that I had no idea had been documented to prove the epicness of it. Lets go back almost three years ago, the last week before I got married. My Bestest Friend Emma (who was my maid of Honour) Flew down from Victoria B.C. Here I am at the air port picking her sorry butt up. Yes The dog was mine and was in training  to be a service dog, However when people asked me about her at the airport I said I was picking up someone with special needs lol- K we were young girls back then and really silly.

 Emma and I always have a blast when we are together (I will do a solo post about her at a later date) We really are Kindred Spirits




While she was down she threw me a bachelorette party where yes she got to embarrass me and I loved every moment of it.



We went to the spa together, got hair extensions together, nails did- shanaynay style...for the wedding of course! We even made matt demo emmas extension.





We had a blast! I loved having my two favorite people together- Matt and Emma (Ironically enough she is now married to a Matt)




 oh and Autumn of course (tear)
 I was Happy. So here's where things get good. Matt and I had our wedding at the Delta Armouries. Apart of that you get a complimentary room- usually the Royal Suit. However the Royal Suit was prebooked a year in advance from another couple who was getting married that same day. I was devastated.

Two days before the wedding we are at the rehearsal and our wedding planner comes to us and informs us that for confidential reasons the couple wont be needing the Royal suit and that it was available for us on our wedding night. WOW- I was thrilled. I had to show Emma right away and asked the planner if she could take Matt , Emma and myself up to the room so she could see it.  The Planner had an appointment but gave us the key and said "I can trust you". Just bring back the key to the front dest.

Once we entered the glorious room with high vol ted ceilings, bay windows, real wooden fireplace, hot tub right beside the bed and best part, raised King size bed with princess drapes surrounding it, I thought I was in heaven.

I turned to Emma and said "isn't this great?" I then did something I would later regret. I ran up the four step to the bed, leaped/twirled to jump on the spacious bed. As I did that the curtains wrapped around me and the whole drapery on one side , nuts and bolts including the part of the ceiling/drywall came tumbling down on me.

DEVI STATION! We all froze for a moment and my heart stopped for a second. Emma dropped to the ground bursting in laughter, matt raised his hands to his face and I cried.

Ok we need to fix this. Bridezilla kicked in and there was no way I was loosing this room after everything.

So we went at it. I started by going on matts shoulders but I was still to short, so Emma who is 6" went on Matt- that was funny. I brushed the drywall under the bed. and BAM temporary fix.

Ok this is the part Im not proud of and later repented of. We then returned the keys and told the front desk that it looked as though acouple screws were loose on the ceiling and that I would like it fix before my wedding night. AHHHH isnt that horrible. Like I said, Iv repented.

So what do you think the first thing we did was when we entered our honeymoon suit that wedding night?? yup, ran to the bed and looked up at the ceiling. It was FIXED. we than sighed and chuckled.

The reason Im posting this, is because I had NO IDEA that emma capture some pics of that moment, well I had forgotten. We were sure that no one would believe us of the catostrophicness of that event. Good memories to go down in history I guess :).



No comments:

Post a Comment