life or something like it

Life or Something like it

Sunday, April 10, 2011

ITS A BOY

Wow what a whirlwind this pregnancy has been. Let me start by telling you how I found out I was having a baby boy two weeks earlier than scheduled. Last night Matt and I were laying in bed talking when all of a sudden I starting cramping severe. Now for those of you who know, pukey has been my middle name since I've been pregnant. This week was the FIRST week I didn't vomit  in 4 months. I was pretty proud of myself and went out with girlfriends every night of the week after work to celebrate. So when Saturday came along and I started cramping I thought "oh no" what now? I brushed it off and tried to go to sleep. I got a total of 2.5 hrs of sleep when 7am came around. I got up in so much pain that I vomited really bad. At that time Matt thought we  better go to emerg and see whats going on. Long story short we were there getting blood work, urine samples and two ultrasounds.

Let me stop here and say a few things about our Ultra-sound tech.....AMAZING! When I first saw him he had a grumpy face on (like everyone in the hospital- or at least in triage). I actually said to Matt that there was no way he would let Matt in the room and for sure wouldn't tell us the sex. BOY (hehe) was I wrong. Another reminder to me that you can never judge a book by its cover. Not only did he let Matt in the room (but said dont tell anyone) he spent a full HOUR showing us every single part of the baby(after he check the baby for any serious issues of course).  He did close ups of his ears, eyes, lips, nose, each finger to ensure us that he had 5 finger and toes :) then came to the sex. now of course he cant say anything and teased me about wanting to know desperately. He got a clear shot where Matt could easily see But I was blind to it. I think because I was SO SURE that it was a girl. He then said "I will be right back". He came back with a 3D machine and said again- don't tell anyone at the hospital that I did this. Mostly because it cost ppl anywhere from $100-200 to get 3D ultrasounds. YUP there is was, his little knees and right in between his little jewels.
Now this is whats funny. When Matt and I first saw it we thought the one Knee was his package and we both went  "HOLY COW" yup there it is. Now we think that guy was flaming a little for other reasons and he said  "wow if you guys think that's it, I could only imagine what your husbands is like". We all laughed so hard. Then he kindly corrected us and said that was his knee:)



All in all a horrible day turned into one of the happiest days of my life. The baby his healthy, active, loves tugging on his ear with one hand and sucking his thumb with the other. He did that the whole time. we love him already. All Matt is talking about now is taking him to hockey practices and games.ahhh Men. I will work  and enjoy teaching him how to be a gentlemen and treat women as daughters of our Heavenly father. To be a hard worker, strive for a higher education and be true and honest in all his doings. Cant wait.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Erica...so exciting...our boys will be a year a part so they will totally be buds! I loved getting the ultrasounds...so exciting seeing the baby eh! I cried when I found out we were having a boy! I am glad everything is good with you and that the baby is healthy. Keep blogging and I promise to keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete