life or something like it

Life or Something like it

Friday, September 9, 2011

Can we say Nesting much?

Im 40 weeks pregnant whoo hoo! I made it!

I will say my pregnancy has gone by super quick-working, moving to a new house and a really busy summer has helped. Have I loved being pregnant?....for the most part yes- first 5.5 months was torture- really sick, however as soon as that was over, it was smooth sailing. I loved watching my baby bump grow, I loved eating whatever I wanted (and trust me I did), I loved feeling my little babe move and give love kicks to mommy, I loved how I got pampered by my husband- back rubs before bedtime are the best.

However, once I hit 38 weeks- things changed. This week has been the worse. Heart burn (which I never had throughout my pregnancy, sleepless nights, sore hips, fatness to the max- cant even look in the mirror some days and constant urination.

Knowing that the babe is coming soon helps me cope and get through my moments of frustration. Can I just say I LOVE being on Mat leave. First week I didn't know what to do with myself, but that came and passed really quickly,

I have been doing nothing but socializing with friends, family, cleaning the house and well NESTING!

Thus far I have washed all the baby's clothes, blankets, sheets in baby softener, hung them up neatly, I've organized all the kitchen cupboards, packed away all my spring/summer clothes in Tupperware containers and put out all my fall/winter clothes. I've officially changed all my documentation to Cochrane (I know...it only took me 3 years) so our baby will have the family name, Matt and I got the guest room all ready for my mom to come stay with us for the week, and managed to squeeze a mani and pedi in there. Now that everything is done, I just rest in bed for the most part. I'm too sore to go out and be super active- just in the last three days.

So the one thing I'm not looking forward to is labour! eeekk. My first time, so I really have no idea what I'm in for. I honestly didn't give it much thought throughout my pregnancy and always looked at myself as a tough "cookie"-mmm cookies- I might bake some tonight. However lately iv been a little chicken. so scared!

I made the mistake of you tubing a video of a woman in a natural labour- I was traumatized. Matt heard the noises in the other room and he refused to come into the bedroom to watch with me. I cant believe they actually have videos like that on you tube.

Here are some of the thoughts that have been going through my head-

When will it happen? during the day, middle of the night
Will I pass my due date? Will I have to be induced?
Will my water break or will I just start with contractions?
Will I have the horrid 35 hr labour story or the 2 hr "oh I just popped the baby out" story?
Will I be focused, strong, motivated or weeping, hysterically yelling and want to give up?
Will I need an emerg C-section

k Ill stop here- clearly I have a lot of time on my hands right now= too much.

I will try to relax and enjoy the natural beautiful process of giving birth to a much loved and wanted baby human that Matt and I created- with help from H.F of course.

I am VERY fortunate that I will have my amazing Husband, Mother, and Mother-in-Law in with me. I know it sounds like a lot of people- but this is the way I look at it-

my mother will be there for full Emotional support, my mother-in-law will be my coach- pushing me, motivating me, and my husband...well not sure what role he will play yet :)

We are all SO EXCITED for the baby's arrival. He already has lots of LOVE from our wonderful family and friends- we are so blessed to be surrounded by such great people.

And yes, we have a name FINALLY! It only took us 8 months and three weeks to decide. NOPE not telling until he is here.

The Baby will be with us for the first 3 months or so- so I moved the rocking chair and bassinet in our room and created a little change area in our bedroom.
I set up two stations to change the baby- one in our room for the middle of the night surprises and the other in the nursery
He gets his own bathrrom with all his toys and bathing items

This is the blanket I knitted for him- took me forever and once I washed it and hung it to dry- It pretty much fell apart- Im not the greatest knitter I guess.
The bedding-nutreal- that way I can use it again if we have a girl-


1 comment: