life or something like it

Life or Something like it

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Baby Rag Quilt

After my pity party this week, I decided to be productive and do something with my unexpected added time.

So I tackled my first time ever quilt project. I had picked out the fabric months ago and cut up all the pieces. It haunted me for months as I would randomly watch it in the corner of the living room. Even though I watched endless YouTube videos showing me how to make a quilt, I was intimidated.

Finally It was time. I mean I was given/waiting an extra TWO WEEKS for my babe to arrive- how could I not finish what I started.

So my mother-in-law gave me her ancient SINGER GINIE with funky 70's orange and yellow flowers on it, and with a little help from Matt with setting it up, I was on my way.



At one point I thought the machine broke, but when I re-loaded the Bobine, I had done it incorrectly. Matt again came to my rescue as I had a mild breakdown.

And BAM !! back and running.

I actually finished the whole quilt in 3 hrs in total. I LOVE it! It is suppose to look old and raggedy (its a Rag quilt) and that's exactly what it looks like.

I'm addicted! If I ever find time in my life again- this will definitely be my new hobby.

2 comments:

  1. Careful...quilting can be addictive!! Your quilt looks so comfy...perfect for a little baby to cuddle in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these rag quilts, super easy and cute! They only get better with every wash. I made one for Marshal last year and hope to make a new one for the new baby sometime soon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete